who we are
My son, Brandon, was a 21-year-old man when he suffered a severe traumatic brain injury from a motor vehicle crash in 2001. He was a young, strong, healthy man with a bright future. In one split second his life dramatically changed. He had been drinking and chose to get behind the wheel, which resulted in a life-changing event. The effects of that choice not only took the life of his best friend but changed his life forever. CHOICES MATTER! For the last 17.5 years since his crash, Brandon has been a warrior. Now, it is his time to rest. On January 21, 2019 at 12:05am Brandon went to Heaven, where he could be independent again and run free, retiring from the Team, exactly six years after his first full marathon. Read more about Brandon’s story on the About Us page under Our Story.
Vow to Drive Sober® 2019 at Downtown Phoenix on 12/7/2019 in Phoenix, AZ. Photo by John Pham.
Team Brandon is proud to put on our 4th Annual Vow to Drive Sober® 5K/1 Mile Run, Walk and Wheel, Event and Expo, starting in downtown Phoenix, in front of Chase Field, home to the Arizona Diamondbacks, on December 5, 2020. December is National Impaired Driving Prevention Month. Vow to Drive Sober®Run
Race Registration: http://www.VowToDriveSober.org
To collect the 2018 & 2019 (1 & 2 of 3 in Series) Finisher Medals, complete the 2018 & 2019 Virtual Events through December 31, 2020, or purchase the 2018 & 2019 medals through your 2020 race registration for $5 each.
Secure your 2020 (3 of 3 in Series) Custom Finisher Medal as you cross the finish line.
Alcohol Statistics-Stay Informed
- 33 % of drunk drivers are repeat offenders.
- Nearly 30 People Die Daily from Drunk Driving! That is 1 person every 53 minutes.
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death in 15-20 year olds – Approximately 25% involve an underage drinking driver.
- Youth who start drinking young are 7 times more likely to be involved in an alcohol related crash!
- Teen alcohol use kills about 4700 people each year!
- The penalties for drunk driving are much HARSHER for teens. More JAIL TIME, HIGHER FINES, LONGER LICENSE SUSPENSION.
- You’re legally intoxicated with a BAC of > .08, however Arizona is a Zero Tolerance state, meaning you can get a DUI at any level.
- Do you know that it can take up to 6 hours for your BAC to drop from > .08 to .00?
- If you are under 21, your BAC should be ZERO! Driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT.
- A drunk driver will drive under the influence approximately 80 times before their first arrest.
- With a BAC of .02 you start to experience a loss of judgment, relaxation, altered mood which results in a decline in visual functions and the ability to perform two tasks at the same time.
- With a BAC of .08 muscle coordination is poor, harder to detect danger & judgment, self-control, reasoning, memory is impaired, resulting in reduced concentration and loss of speed control.
We are a non-profit organization that presents our story, from the offender’s point of view, about the life-altering effects of impaired driving, to schools, corporations and community groups.Invite us to Share Our Story
Together we can keep our roads safer... Saving One Life at a Time!
RUN WITH TEAM
Completing a race is an amazing feeling, but think how much better you will feel knowing you are RUNNING FOR A REASON! Participants raise funds that will help Team Brandon spread the message about the life-altering effects of impaired driving, inspire other families to get healthy, and create a more stimulating environment for their loved ones. Want to get involved? Register for any of the races on our EVENTS page and start recruiting donors/sponsors!Read More