who we are
My son, Brandon, was a 21-year-old man when he suffered a severe traumatic brain injury from a motor vehicle crash in 2001. He was a young, strong, healthy man with a bright future. In one split second his life dramatically changed. He had been drinking and chose to get behind the wheel, which resulted in a life-changing event. The effects of that choice not only took the life of his best friend but changed his life forever. CHOICES MATTER!
Moving forward, Brandon is alive but with many limitations - not the life any parent dreams for their child. Brandon went from Offender to Inspirer. We turned a Tragedy into Triumph and Team Brandon was born. Read more about how Brandon overcame his limitations to help inform others on the dangers of drunk driving and learn what you can do to help.
Alcohol Statistics-Stay Informed
- 33 % of drunk drivers are repeat offenders.
- Nearly 30 People Die Daily from Drunk Driving! That is 1 person every 53 minutes.
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death in 15-20 year olds – Approximately 25% involve an underage drinking driver.
- Youth who start drinking young are 7 times more likely to be involved in an alcohol related crash!
- Teen alcohol use kills about 4700 people each year!
- The penalties for drunk driving are much HARSHER for teens. More JAIL TIME, HIGHER FINES, LONGER LICENSE SUSPENSION.
- You’re legally intoxicated with a BAC of > .08, however Arizona is a Zero Tolerance state, meaning you can get a DUI at any level.
- Do you know that it can take up to 6 hours for your BAC to drop from > .08 to .00?
- If you are under 21, your BAC should be ZERO! Driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT.
- A drunk driver will drive under the influence approximately 80 times before their first arrest.
- With a BAC of .02 you start to experience a loss of judgment, relaxation, altered mood which results in a decline in visual functions and the ability to perform two tasks at the same time.
- With a BAC of .08 muscle coordination is poor, harder to detect danger & judgment, self-control, reasoning, memory is impaired, resulting in reduced concentration and loss of speed control.
We are a non-profit organization that presents our story, from the offender's point of view, about the life-altering effects of drinking and driving, to schools, corporations and community groups.Invite us to Share Our Story
Together we can keep our roads safer... Saving One Life at a Time!
RUN WITH TEAM
Completing a race is an amazing feeling, but think how much better you will feel knowing you are RUNNING FOR A REASON!Participants raise funds that will help Team Brandon spread the message about the life-altering effects of drinking & driving, inspire other families to get healthy, and create a more stimulating environment for their loved ones. Want to get involved? Register for any of the races on our EVENTS page and start recruiting donors/sponsors!Read More
GET A RIDE
DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!
Download the UBER app on your phone. Sign Up with
PROMO CODE: DRIVESOBER for $20 off your first ride!
No need to worry about parking or getting a designated driver- we've partnered with Uber to get everyone home safely! Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through their app, Uber makes cities more accessible, opening more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers.
New to Uber? Sign up with promo code DriveSober to get your first ride FREE, up to $20! Check out Uber pro tips here: uber.com/features.